Friday, September 17, 2010

Oooo - That Liquid Polymer!

You may have figured out by now that I like to experiment. I've really been enjoying the liquid polymer and then had a thought - what would happen if I mixed in some powders? How would it change the look? Sooo...I mixed in some glittery embossing powders from Judikins and I love the results! Here are examples of my first efforts.

Oh - you'll also notice I had to try gold, too, so got my hands on some gold-filled bezel wire for the edgings. The gold is quite elegant. Here's a close-up. Hope you can see the glitz and some of the depth these pieces have.

Of course, since I like to experiment, and I love the mica shift technique, I decided to combine the two. Here's my first piece.
Since the liquid polymer piece is different on both sides, I had to make the main piece reversible, too. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment