Tuesday, February 15, 2011

CFCF 2011 - Off I Go!

Hello!
I haven't been updating as much as I would like. The puppy takes a lot of time - and we love every minute! In the midst of getting her acclimated, I've been trying to condition clay, make blends and beads, and collect supplies for the 6 days of Cabin Fever Clay Festival (CFCF). This is a simply marvelous event held in Laurel, MD. Polymer clayists (don't know if that's a real word, but it looks and sounds good, doesn't it) gather from around the world to attend workshops, seminars and demonstrations given by master artists in polymer. It's fun, it's mind-expanding, and it's exhausting. This is my third year. I missed the first, primarily because I didn't know about it. In addition to learning new techniques and sharing great ideas, I find my creativity pool gets replenished, too. I even have some special friends in the area, so I get some visiting time in, too. A wonderful experience all around.
This year, Judith Skinner, who invented the Skinner blend which we ALL use, is being honored in a special ceremony. We are supposed to make a bead using the Skinner blend technique.We also have a swap. Each of us will give others one of our beads and, in return, we'll collect beads from everyone else. Too fun! I'm going to put in a couple of pictures here. One is a necklace made from the beads I made from a Skinner blend. The beads I'm using for the swap will be like these, in one of 3 color-ways. The other photo shows some focals made using the cane with the various color-ways. These pendants aren't done yet - I have some plans, just no time right now. I'm pretty sure you'll be seeing them again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment