Monday, June 27, 2011

Black, White, and Shades of Gray

Usually, I don't manage to work on new items for the Westerly gallery until the month before a show. This time, however, there was a special call for some items to be available early. The theme is "black, white and shades of gray" so I immediately thought of silk screening on polymer. I gently textured the clay using an organza fabric, and it created a perfect foil for the silk screened designs. These earrings have an oriental flare, and I really like them. Thought you might want to see them, too.
I've also made a silk screened pendant to go with some of the earrings.

In addition, I made a black and white kaleidescope cane which I used to create some beads. Of course, once you make beads, you still have to do something with them. Hence, the resulting necklace which uses silver jump rings and freshwater pearls to join the beads.

2 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful. I wish I lived closer so I could take some classes. I have just started doing polymer clay and I am having fun but I wish I could go to some workshops. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely thing to say! Thank you so much, you have certainly made my day.

      Hopefully, you'll find some workshops near where you live. All the best to you!

      ~Kristie

      Delete