Sunday, June 12, 2011

Bargello: A Classic Stitch - in Polymer!

I know it's been a while since I've posted here. My husband and I have been in Europe, bicycling in the Black Forest area in Germany for 3 weeks. It's an incredibly beautiful place, and we had a wonderful time. But there were a couple of things missing...Most of all, we missed our girls. Our three Australian Shepherds are a huge part of our lives. Every dog we met made us miss them more -- and in Europe, we met a lot of dogs. The other thing I missed was creating with clay. A lot. So, now that I'm home, I've been playing and experimenting in my work room - and have a few things to share with you.

First, I'd like to share 2 special beads I made. I'm a member of the Southern Connecticut Polymer Clay Guild (SCPCG.) We have a traveling show which rotates amongst libraries in the state, giving patrons a view into the world of polymer. A call had gone out for new items, so I decided to try something I've never done before.

And here they are. This is a bargello pattern, first developed by Laura Liska. I made one bead with wide stripes, the other with thin stripes, just to see what the effect might be. This is a process that requires specific steps. It took me a while to make them, and I'm pleased with the results. Now I'll have to try it in another color combination. Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment