Monday, June 13, 2011

Earrings with Sparkle & Shine

Yesterday, I mentioned I had a few things to share. So here's more. Today, it's all about earrings. I love making pendants - their size seems to invite you to do more. Earrings are smaller, and the challenges are different. I decided to try something new.

I've put the earrings in two sets. This first grouping has lots of shine. I'd just gotten some metallic foils, and decided to see what they would do. Yes, there are also a couple of pairs with heat-set Swarovskis. There's just a bit of glint as the earrings move during wearing.

Then, I got caught up in 3-D again. I really love manipulating the clay to see what happens. I gave each sheet of clay a different finish on each side. In this way, you see glimpses of both finishes on each pair. Sort of a peek-a-boo effect. Centered on the folded tips are tiny pearls or more heat-set Swarovskis. These earrings are smaller than the other set, and have a look I find both dainty and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment