Thursday, January 26, 2012

Shifting Shapes


As I'm sure you've noticed, I tend to make things that are "even" and match. I decided to push my personal envelope a little, and work with some geometric shapes. These pieces are asymmetrical, or use geometric shapes in ways that are a bit of a stretch for me. The copper pieces above use a mokume gane surface with copper sheet imbedded in the layers. The copper surfaces are smooth, while the black surfaces are matte and textured.

I used the torn paper watercolor technique for the surfaces of the three related shapes below. Each piece is reversible, as shown in the photos. The shapes are separated by hammered copper discs.






I've got another idea or two percolating, and hope to get to them soon. It's fun to try something a little different, and open new pathways for my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment