Friday, March 30, 2012

This is Orange

If you've been watching the new magazines in the polymer field, then you're probably familiar with From Polymer To Art from the Netherlands. Each of the issues is based on a color, and the issues are called things like "This is not Red" and "This is not Orange." Hence, the title of this post, since the items I'm sharing today are indeed Orange. ;)
I'm not sure how other polymer artists work, but sometimes I get caught up in a particular cane, and start making all sorts of pieces out of that cane. Other times, I fixate on a particular design or form, and make several pieces in that design from various canes. And sometimes, I fall in love with with both a cane type and a form or design, and get caught up, period.
Today's posting deals with the first situation. I don't do a lot of things in orange, so I decided I should make a cane and see where it led me. The necklace to the left is my first piece.
Then I decided to experiment with making a "bamboo" hoop (polymer of course) wrapped with small orange flowers and some leaves. The brown leaf loop at the top is the bail. Here are two shots to give you an idea of how it looks:

















Here's one more little pendant with a carnelian nestled in the bottom petal.


As you can see, I've been having fun - and am still working on assembling another piece or two from a few more orange flowers I made. Perfect for late spring and into summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment