Saturday, August 4, 2012

Two New 3-D Earring Styles!!

As you probably can tell, I really like 3-D pieces, and enjoy creating them.  It's such fun to feel the clay move and form into new shapes beneath my fingers.  Over the past week or so, I've been working on a couple of new earring designs, and I'm really pleased with the way they've turned out.

The first design I call "curved moon pillows."  These round little shapes have a small opening and indentation where the ends meet, and it creates the perfect spot for dangling decorations.  Of course, I also made some matching brass cuffs.





It was fun to play with a variety of color combinations, too.






The second design is a series of curved drops.    Actually, the curve seems to be equally "comfortable" at both the bottom or the top of the shape.  These earrings are made from a new petal cane I decided to try.


 I'm working on some larger single drops, and some which use beading.  I'll share more later.

Hope you enjoy these new pieces.

1 comment:

  1. You just keep getting bett and better. Fun day yesterday.

    Alice

    ReplyDelete