Sunday, September 23, 2012

Gingkos Galore

  As I've said before on this blog, I love leaves.  I love their shapes, their textures, their colors and their infinite variety.  Gingkos are one of my favorite leaves. Their shape is unusual, their history is unique, and their medicinal properties are wide and varied.  So what could be better than gingkos of polymer?


I was delighted when Lynne Ann Schwarzenberg published her gingko cane directions in the April, 2012 issue of Polymer Clay Cafe.  The cane is fun to create, and the resulting leaves are as varied as you make them.  As you can tell from the photos here, I've finally made  some canes and created my own finished shapes.


The two pieces below are pins.  One a cascade of gingkos, the other a swirl of leaves.

The group above has pieces made from a different cane - one in more muted colors and slightly smaller shapes.  The leaves in the three-piece pendant on the left swing and move individually.

1 comment:

  1. Adorable! That is so unique but so lovely. Thank you for sharing. Pearl Jewellery

    ReplyDelete