Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sometimes, There is a Perfect Cane....


Many polymer artists enjoy making canes.  Some canes just beg to be used, while sometimes we wonder what to do with them once we've made them...  I love the wedge canes I make for petals and flowers, and have found them to be very versatile.  I use these canes for lots of different designs in earrings,  pendants and even bracelets.
Every once in a while, I run across another artist's cane design that I think is incredible.  This has proven to be especially true of the Fountain Flower cane from Israel's Marcia Tzigelnik. In my January 6, 2013 blog posting, I pictured some hollow donuts I had made using this cane.  Later that same month, Marcia's cane idea and my application  of it were featured in the Daily Polymer Arts Blog.  I was playing with this cane again, and just discovered another way in which to use it.  I call these "compact bud flowers."  It's really amazing how the design in the cane just seems to line up perfectly for these little shapes.  Wonder what application I'll "discover" next?

No comments:

Post a Comment