Sunday, May 17, 2015

Asymmetry

There is something about asymmetrical pieces that has always appealed to me.  That must have been in the back of my mind since this necklace just seemed to evolve into its finished form.
I was playing around with shades of orange blends.  When I got this particular color blend, I thought of calla lilies, and decided to make a flower. Of course, it needed leaves.  I chose to make the piece simple with clean lines rather than using a lot of texture and veining.  It seemed the piece would make a nice focal in a necklace and, as I played with placements, the off-center spot seemed ideal.  When I found the natural coral chips, I knew I'd found the perfect compliment for the flower.




The photo on the right gives a good idea of how the whole necklace looks.  




The last photo is for the curious.  It shows the back of the focal piece.  You can see that I made single and double channels to hold the  beading string.  I used crimps to bind the main strand to a smaller piece that lined the coral chips up with the focal.

1 comment:

  1. Cool. Thanks for showing the back. You never know what you can use these kind of ideas for when making creations.

    Ramona

    ReplyDelete