Sunday, October 8, 2017

Mokume Gane & Beads

Every once in a while, I like to blend beading and polymer.  They are two of my favorite art forms, and I think they go well together in jewelry.  Recently,  I made a mokume gane stack and then worked some beading into a few pendants.  I forgot to take photos before I put the pendants for sale in the Westerly gallery.  The result is I only have one piece left - which must mean the combination of polymer and beads appealed to others.  To the right is the remaining piece.  I used seedbeads to weave a bail for the top and strung strands of seedbeads and pearls to hang below the pendant.  I also made a few pairs of earrings, and enhanced the polymer pieces with crystals, glass beads and metal components.
The third photo shows a grouping of earrings and a pendant from the same mokume gane stack. One of the things I love about the mokume gane process is the way in which colors blend and sometimes hide. I haven't decided yet what to do with this particular pendant.  A beadweaving idea is in the back of my mind.....

No comments:

Post a Comment